Monday, November 16, 2009

Anna Pavlova in the Fokine/Saint-Saëns The Dyi...Image via Wikipedia

Benito Mussolini – Italian dictator to the partisan who shot him
"But --- but --- Colonel ---"

Sir William Robert Nicoll – Theologian
"I believe everything that I have written about immortality."

Lawrence E.G. Oates – A member of Scott’s expedition to the South Pole (believing he was a burden to the group)
"I am just going outside and may be some time."

Torlogh O’Carolan – Irish Poet – on asking for his last whiskey
"It would be hard if such friends should part as least without kissing."

Wilfred Owen – English Poet – To one of his men during WWI
"Well done --- You are doing very well, my boy."

William Palmer – hanged for poinsoning a friend – As he stepped onto the gallows trap
"Are you sure it’s safe?"

Carl Panzram – Executed for murdering 23 people
"I wish the human race had one neck and I had my hands around it."


No comments: