Saturday, November 14, 2009

Great News! - Our First Critic

black comedyImage by Raul P via Flickr

Great News - Our First Critic!
It's a great day in the neighborhood. After 300 plus postings we've finally gotten a rise out of someone. And no, the sincerest form of flattery is not to just hit the reject button and move on to the next site.

Our first blog critic, as you will read, has made a sincere complaint that I was suspicious would arise at some point. I'm sure a lot of the web flitters out there have the same valid complaint about our site. Unfortunately they flicked their mouse after 39.5 seconds and moved on (also a valid response). But now on with the show -

Dear Alan,
I saw an advertisement for your blog called, "Dark Comedy; Life through the lens of dark comedy".. I thought, cool, I appreciate dark comedy and could use a laugh. I am severly disappointed and I request the minute I spent on your blog back... which you can refund to me by replying to this message. Why do you even call it dark comedy? I see nothing dark OR comical on your blog at all. If you do, please, please, point it out to me.

Dear Blank
I appreciate your response to my blog. I appreciate your point of view. I'm sorry that you believe I've stolen your minute (in fact as it is taking me longer to reply than a minute, I'm sure it took you longer than a minute) Let me assure you that there was no intent to harm or defraud you. And I'll appreciate that by responding to your email you won't hunt me down and feed me through my own trash compactor (here you may substitute juicer, blender, word processer depending on which you believe would be the most appropriate)(which you've got to admit would be darkly comical).

Comedy as well as tragedy is in the eye of the beholder. I believe dark comedy is just tragedy plus time. In fact your reply from my pov is quite darkly comical. From the darkly-comical standpoint of "no good deed goes unpunished."

Not every dark comedy quote or posting on the blog is in compliance from your point of view. And I don't believe I could defend every article or quote but mention one quote or an article and I'll take the time to specifically respond - from my point of view. If you will look deeper into the blog you may find some that would be quite offensive to your POV.

I've run well over the minute, so as a final response I'll offer you further compensation. If you will agree to review my new book on Amazon - the darkly comical "Woo Burgers in Paradise" - I'll send you a signed copy - free - a $16.95 value for your time. You will find an excerpt and further information at www.alanhbush.com

All the Best, Alan



No comments: