Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Benjamin Franklin - An Old Wife, an Old Dog, and Ready Money

An illustration from Franklin's paper on "...Image via Wikipedia

I have all the money I’ll ever need if I die by four O’clock. – Henny Youngman

I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. – Jackie Mason

I don’t want to be a millionaire, I just want to live like one. Bernard (Toots) Shor

A fool and his money are soon parted. What I want to know is how they got together in the first place. – Cyril Fletcher

I’d like to live like a poor man with lots of money. - Pablo Picasso

There are three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money. – Benjamin Franklin

In the bad old days, there were three easy ways of losing money – racing being he quickest, women the pleasantest, and farming the most certain. – William Pitt Armstrong

A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking about real money. – Everett M. Dirksen (U.S. Senator)

The next time you see a headline about the government spending a billion dollars on some project, think about it this way: If you spent $100,000 every day of the week, it would take you more than 27years to spend a billion dollars. – Louise E. Boone



No comments: