Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Staring at Life through Fields of Mayonaise

Jean CocteauImage via Wikipedia

The director is the artist of the cinema.

A Cast of directors and their quotes;

I stare at life though fields of mayonaise.Mel Brooks

Bad taste is simply saying the truth before it should be said. – Mel Brooks

After forty, we are responsible for our own faces. – Jean Cocteau

Cinemascope? The next time I write a poem, I shall use a larger piece of paper. – Jean Cocteau

Editing is the most important point in a picture; it is the director, really writing the picture with his editing. – Costa-Gavras

Give me a good script, and I’ll be a hundred times better as a director. – George Cukor

God exists. But his name is chance. – Alexander De Sica

The essential is sufficient. – Carl Dreyer


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: