Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Pleasure Stops - But the Self Contempt Stays

Love x Love...Good times for caring...and many...Image by oOoHEAVENLYoOotheheavenlyexperiance© via Flickr

I hate the word “star.” Do you know what “star” spells backwards? “Rats.”

I’m going to buy a castle and live like any other GI. – Elvis Presley

This isn’t exactly a stable business. It’s like trying to stand up in a canoe with your pants down. – Cliff Robertson

An actor is not quite a human being – but then who is? – George Sanders

Dear World, I am leaving because I’m bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool – good luck. – George Sanders

Sometimes the photographers would pose me in a low-necked nightgown and tell me to bend down and pick up the pails. They were not shooting the pails.Jane Russell

After a while the pleasure stops, but the self-contempt stays. – George C. Scott

All I want, all any of the real pros want, is a decent script, a competent cast, and a good director. The rest is a crock of shit. – Barbara Stanwyck


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: