Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rashomon (1950) Japanese movie poster showing ...Image via Wikipedia

The director is the artist of the cinema.

A Cast of directors and their quotes;

My greatest mistake was ever to have compromised. My greatest achievement has been to survive. – Abel Gance

A film is the world in an hour and a half. – Jean-luc Godard

Directors are people too short to be actors. – Josh greenfeld

I love to copy – myself. – Howard Hawks

I demand of a film what many North Americans demand of drugs. Alexandro Jodorowsky

I wanted to make a film which would be entertaining enough to eat. – Akira Kurosawa

Directors are often blamed: “Why did you do this? And why did you do that?” But nobody ever says: “Even a director has to eat. – Fritz Lang

I make films the way I make love. I think it is a mistake for a director to trust someone else with the camera work. It’s as though Van Gogh might have given his brush to someone else. – Claude Lelouch



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: