Saturday, September 26, 2009

It’s All Hard Work, Aspirins, and Usually Purgatives

ROME - OCTOBER 18:  Actress Sophia Loren atten...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

To be a star is to own the world and all the people in it. After a taste of stardom, everything else is poverty. – Hedy Lamarr

I guess I’m the guy who always went to bed with the girl – even if it was only after the movie had finished. – Burt Lancaster

One thinks of a film star as a kind of gaily colored bird, forever giving itself a final preening under the bright lights. Whereas it’s all hard work, aspirins, and usually purgatives. – Elsa Lancaster

I never liked Scarlett. I knew it was a marvelous part, but I never cared for her. – Vivien Leigh

My behavior has been impeccable; I’ve been unconscious for the past six months. – Oscar Levant

I drink only to make other people interesting. – Oscar Levant

People either dislike me or detest me. – Oscar Levant

Everything you see I owe to spaghetti. – Sophia Loren


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: