Saturday, September 19, 2009

It’s Still a Bewilderness

Black cat in the cosmos fieldImage by tanakawho via Flickr

Darkly Comical Hollywood Quotes

In 1940, I had my choice between Hitler and Hollywood, and I preferred Hollywood. Just a little. – Rene Clair

Hollywood is no place for a woman to find a husband, especially her own. – Denise Darcel

The only place in the world where a man can get stabbed in the back while climbing a ladder. – William Faulkner

They’ve great respect for the dead in Hollywood – but none for the living. – Errol Flynn

Hollywood is a place where your best friend will plunge a knife in your back and then call the police to tell them that you are carrying a concealed weapon. – George Frasier

Hollywood may be thickly populated, but to me it’s still a bewilderness. – Sir Cedric Hardwicke

Hollywood – where everyone’s a genius until he’s lost his job. – Erskine Johnson

If I ever wrote a book about Hollywood and its inner workings, I know what I would call it – Insincere City. – Mervyn LeRoy


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: