Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Darkly Comical Quotes – Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant 12/27/1906 – 8/14/1972

A high school dropout and one of the most intriguing entertainment mysteries. He was a brilliant musician, successful pianist, composer, author, comedian and actor perhaps best known today for his acerbic witticisms.

His spontaneous remarks were often rude and he seemed to have a compulsion to be funny at his own expense.

He was not only a concert pianist but composed music for more than 20 movies and wrote than 50 songs (including the standard “Blame It on My Youth” and an instrumental – “A Polka for Oscar Homolka”)

Darkly Comical Quotes

Happiness isn’t something you experience; it’s something you remember

I don’t drink. I don’t like it. It makes me feel good.

It’s not what you are but what you don’t become that hurts.

I’m a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me.

My psychiatrist said to me, “Maybe life isn’t for everyone.”

I have given up reading books; I find it takes my mind off myself.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I’m a schizophrenic, and so am I.


The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too.

I used to call Audrey Hepburn a walking X-ray.

It’s not a pretty face, I grant you but underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character. (An American in Paris)

A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

I knew her before she was a virgin. – Oscar Levant

I’m going to memorize your name and throw my head away.

No comments: