Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Curse of the Drinking Class

070502 Bs party zQImage by xjyxjy via FlickrLuck is what you have left over after you give 100%. – Langston Coleman




When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him whose? – Donal Robert Perry Marquis



Work is the curse of the drinking class. – Oscar Wilde



My father taught me to work, but not to love it. I never did like to work, and I don’t deny it. I’d rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh – anything but work. – Abraham Lincoln



Work expands to fill the time available for its completion. – C. Northcote Parkinson



Times have changed. Forty years ago people worked 12 hours a day, and it was called economic slavery. Now they work 14 hours a day and it’s called moonlighting. – Robert Orben



Work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence. – Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull




No comments: