Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Trouble with Being Poor

The prosperous man is never sure that he is loved for himself. – Marcus Lucan

Since I am known as a rich person, I feel I have to tip at least $5 each time I check my coat. On top of that, I would have to wear a very expensive coat, and it would have to be insured. Added up, without a top-coat I save over $20,000 a year. – Aristotle Onassis

When a poor man eats a chicken, one or the other is sick. – Yiddish proverb

The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all your time. – William De Kooning

I’ve never been poor, only broke. Being poor is a frame of mind. Being broke is only a temporary situation. – Mike Todd

Generally speaking, the poorer person summers where he winters. – Fran Lebowitz

How much health care Americans get should depend not on how much they can afford but on how much they need. – Edward M. Kennedy

No comments: