Wednesday, December 9, 2009

There’s Another Advantage of Being Poor

Massachusetts militiamen with fixed bayonets s...Image via Wikipedia

As a child my family’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it. – Buddy Hackett

There were times my pants were so thin that I could sit on a dime and tell if it were heads or tails. – Spencer Tracy

There’s another advantage of being poor – a doctor will cure you faster. – Frank McKinney

Prejudice saves a lot of time, because you can form an opinion without the facts. – anonymous

In Germany, they came first for the communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up. – Martin Miemoller

When the whites came, we had the land and they had the Bibles. Now they have the land and we have the Bibles. – Chief Dan George

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: