Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Darkly Comical Hollywood Quotes

Weekend on the Dim RiverImage by ozgurmulazimoglu via Flickr

Samuel Goldwyn (1884-1974) was the leading independent film producer for 35 years.

“Goldwynisms”

I was very pleasantly disappointed.

I don’t care if it doesn’t make a nickel. I just want every man, woman and child in America to see it.

1810? When was that?

You’re from Iowa? Out here we pronounce it Ohio.

First you have a story, then a good treatment, and next a first-rate director. After that, you hire a competent cast and even then you have only the mucus of a good picture.

Plenty of water’s passed between us.

It rolls off my back like a duck.

Color television! Bah, I won’t believe it until I see it in black and white.

Isn’t there a statue of limitation?


It’s no use. You’ve got to take the bull between the teeth.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: