Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Darkly Comical Hollywood Quotes

Cropped screenshot of David Niven from the tra...Image via Wikipedia

Samuel Goldwyn (1884-1974) was the leading independent film producer for 35 years.

“Goldwynisms”

Ah, to be immortal for a day!

Actors think with their hearts. That’s why so many of them die broke.

I’m having more trouble with these stars than Mussolini with Utopia.

She’s pregnant? You know what you did? You didn’t just screw her – you screwed me.

The most important thing in acting is honesty; once you learn to fake that, you’re in!

You’re a dunce who lived by the sweat of his frau. (to an actor married to a German woman)

Bill, you and I should start doing each other favors. Let’s start by you doing me one.

I apologize for calling you a crook, Doug. I can’t prove it.

I’ll cable Hitler and ask him to shoot around you. (to David Niven when he enlisted)


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: