Monday, August 10, 2009

Darkly Comical Hollywood Quotes

Vladimir Ilyich LeninImage via Wikipedia

Charley Chaplin

Frankly I enjoy my comedies even more than the audience.

I had stumbled on the secret of being funny: an idea going in one direction meets an opposite idea suddenly.

Figuring out what the audience expects, and then doing something different, is great fun for me.

I have no design for living, no philosophy – whether sage or fool, we must all struggle with life.

I was loved by crowds, but I didn’t have a single close friend – I felt like the lonliest man alive.

You have to believe in yourself, that’s the secret. Even when I was in the orphanage, when I was roaming the streets trying to find enough to eat to keep alive, even then I thought of myself as the greatest actor in the world. I had to feel the exuberance that comes from utter confidence in yourself. Without it you go down in defeat.

Quotes about Charlie Chaplin

Chaplin is the one man in the world I want to meet. – Nikolai Lenin


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: