Saturday, February 28, 2009

Darkly Comical Last Words

Anna Pavlova – pima ballerina
"Get my swan costume."

Joel Chandler Harris – Creator of the Uncle Remus stories – On being asked if he was feeling better –
"I am about the extent of a tenth of a gnat’s eyebrow better."

Boris Pasternak – Russian novelist
– "Goodbye .. why am I hemorrhaging?"


Doc Holliday – Gambler and gunfighter to the person trying to remove his boots –"Dammit! Put them back on. This is funny."

Chris Hubbock (died 19970) Newscaster on shooting herself on a prime time news program –
"And now, in keeping with Channel 40’s policy of always bringing you the latest in blood and guts, in living color, you’re about to see another first—an attempted suicide."

Henry VIII –
"Monks! Monks! Monks!"

"The only place I feel alive is the high wire."
Karl wallenda, high wire performer

Abdur Rahman Khan (Emir of Afghanistan – died 1901)
– "My spirit will remain in Afghanistan, though my soul shall go to God. My last words to you, my son and successor, are, never trust the Russians."

Voltaire on being asked if he believed in the divinity of Christ –
"In the name of God, let me die in peace!"

Frederic Remington – American Painter to his doctor when he informed him he would have to undergo an appendectomy
"Cut her loose, Doc!"

Karl Marx – Father of Communism
"Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough."

Terry Kath – Rock musician playing Russian roulette with a loaded revolver –
"Don’t worry, it’s not loaded."

William Palmer – (Hanged for poisoning a friend) As he stepped onto the gallows trap –
"Are you sure it’s safe?"

Thomas B. Moran – American pickpocket –
"I’ve never forgiven that smartalecky reporter who named me ‘butterfingers’ – to me it’s not funny."

Baba Meher – guru – His last words were spoken in 1925; he lived in silence for the next 44 years.
"Don’t worry, be happy."


Leonardo da Vinci –
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn’t reach the quality it should have."

No comments: