Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's Tolerated Only for Race Horses and Fancy Women

Woman Warrior Fancy DancerImage by Tobyotter via Flickr

The difficult we do at once; the impossible takes a bit longer. – Inscription on the memorial to the SeaBees (U.S. naval construction battalions)

My father worked for the same firm for twelve years. They fired him. They replaced him with a tiny gadget this big. It does everything that my father does, only much better. The depressing thing is my mother ran out and bought one. – Woody Allen

It costs me a dollar to make my product, and I can sell all I care to make for four dollars apiece. You just can’t believe the profit there is in that three percent. – anonymous

Seek simplicity and distrust it. – Alfred North Whitehead

Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only for race horses and fancy women. – William Thomson

Production is not the application of tools to materials, but logic to work. – Peter Drucker

No comments: