Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Paris Hilton and the Next American Revolution

I saw a darkly comical thing on our tube this weekend. Americans on television who were having weddings that exceeded $800,000 - $1,000,000. I thought if they’ve got that kind of ready cash then bully for them. It is after all still a free country.

During the portion of the show I did watch I didn’t think these folks got that much for their money.

I tore my eyes away from the spectacle when I realized that my crappy health insurance would not cover the amount they were spending on a one-day blow-out event. And that amount is to cover my health care for a lifetime at today’s prices.

Our society has got to be viewed as dark comedy or it’s just too painful. How long is it until Paris Hilton looks down upon the rest of us rag pickers and says, “Let them eat rice cakes.” It wouldn’t take much to induce me to drop a guillotine blade on that pretty little neck.

Health care for all!

No comments: