Monday, November 1, 2010

When a Cabbage Could Sell Itself just by being a Cabbage!

Fresh Organic CabbageImage by Brantford Selections via FlickrI detest life-insurance agents; they always argue that some day I shall die, which is not so. – Stephen Butler-Leacock




When buyers don’t fall for prices, prices must fall for buyers. – anonymous



I remember well the time when a cabbage could sell itself just by being a cabbage. Nowadays it’s no good being a cabbage – unless you have an agent and pay him a commission. Nothing is free any more to sell itself or give itself away. – Jean Giraudoux



When I sell liquor, it’s called bootlegging; when my patrons serve it on silver trays on Lake Shore Drive, it’s called hospitality. – Al Capone



Look out for the fellow who lets you do all the talking. – Frank McKinney Hubbard



I have great faith in the people; as for their wisdom – well, Coca-Cola still outsells champagne. – Adlai Stevenson


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: